cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I disassociate a port type with a device template?

How can I disassociate a port type with a device template?

kristopher_gnag
New Contributor II

I've got a device template I'm trying to delete, but I get the error message "The Device Template cannot be removed because it is used by another object (item). Please disassociate references from other configuration items before removing the item."

The only thing associated with the device template is the uplink port. I can't figure out how to disassociate the uplink port from the device template so I can then delete the device template. Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

kristopher_gnag
New Contributor II

Thanks for the response, David. I went back today to look into this issue and either some changes I made in the meantime, time itself, or an update by Aerohive allowed me to finally delete the device template. Unfortunately I don't have a specific answer as to what fixed the problem in case someone else experiences the same issue, but I was finally able to delete the device template.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

kristopher_gnag
New Contributor II

Thanks for the response, David. I went back today to look into this issue and either some changes I made in the meantime, time itself, or an update by Aerohive allowed me to finally delete the device template. Unfortunately I don't have a specific answer as to what fixed the problem in case someone else experiences the same issue, but I was finally able to delete the device template.

dsouri
Contributor III

Hello Kris,

Does this Device Template exist in any other Network Policy?

GTM-P2G8KFN