cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

How can I improve the roaming performance of some hh computers (Zebra) in a Wireless infrastructure based on 245X APs? How can I edit a radio profile to try by modifying some parameters? The hh computer losses a package when roaming within 2 APs.

How can I improve the roaming performance of some hh computers (Zebra) in a Wireless infrastructure based on 245X APs? How can I edit a radio profile to try by modifying some parameters? The hh computer losses a package when roaming within 2 APs.

Luis_Ballestero
New Contributor
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

We can adjust the roaming thresholds and data rates to help with roaming, but if it's one specific type of device that is having issues, you might want to focus on the device rather than your wireless settings as a whole. If you can open a technical support case we can help you run a packet capture and start narrowing down why those packets are dropping for you.

If you can let me know which HiveManager platform you are using, I can tell you where to look for the Radio profile settings; we have HiveManager (formerly NG, cloud.aerohive.com) or HiveManager Classic (myhive.aerohive.com).

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Thanks for clarifying. If you are able to open a support case that would be best. If you want to troubleshoot this with me over the forum, I've included a link to a guide that reviews how to run a packet capture. That guide has our upload FTP credentials at the end so you can send the packet capture to us (just let me know the file name so I can find it). I think we should get a look at the packet capture before we start making any adjustments to your network, given that your non-Zebra clients are not having any issues.

Packet Capture Guide for HiveManager- https://thehivecommunity.aerohive.com/s/article/Packet-Capture-in-NG

Luis_Ballestero
New Contributor
  • Build Version: 12.8.0.64
  • VHM Id: 49846

Luis_Ballestero
New Contributor

Hi Sam,

I disregarded its being about a specific type of device for they are using two different Zebra models, namely MC92 and WT41, both running WCE 7.0.

I think it would help if we can run a packet capture in order to see what's going on.

The details of the HiveManager running are:

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

We can adjust the roaming thresholds and data rates to help with roaming, but if it's one specific type of device that is having issues, you might want to focus on the device rather than your wireless settings as a whole. If you can open a technical support case we can help you run a packet capture and start narrowing down why those packets are dropping for you.

If you can let me know which HiveManager platform you are using, I can tell you where to look for the Radio profile settings; we have HiveManager (formerly NG, cloud.aerohive.com) or HiveManager Classic (myhive.aerohive.com).

GTM-P2G8KFN