cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I use the AP650 and the Target Wake Time Feature ?

How can I use the AP650 and the Target Wake Time Feature ?

norbert_schmitz
New Contributor

Hello, I have a AP650 with some AX clients and I want to demonstrate the TargetWakeTime feature of the 802.11ax standard. I am searching through all the options in the HiveManager but I cannot find any option to change the TargetWakeTime.

Probably I do a fundamental mistake and the TWT is set on client side ? Does anyone have successfully tested the TWT feature ?

2 REPLIES 2

norbert_schmitz
New Contributor

Hi,

thanks for your feedback. Could you share some more information about that or to turn it around I will try to explain what I want to achieve.

In all your webinars about wifi 6 you mentioned that wifi 6 is perfect for IoT devices due to different facts and one of them is the TWT feature.

Now Intel has offered a wifi 6 client called AX200 which we are using.

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/189347/intel-wi-fi-6-ax200.html

Now I want to control the TWT and I dont know where. There are basically two options: Either this is a feature of the client (and I have to talk with Intel) or it is a feature of the access point (then I have to talk with Aerohive).

You just said it isn't something Aerohive can configure so I have to talk with Intel , right ?

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Target Wake Time (TWT) is something the ax APs will do for ax clients as part of the 802.11ax standards. Unfortunately it isn't something we can configure.

GTM-P2G8KFN