cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can you get AP's to try DFS channels?

How can you get AP's to try DFS channels?

jwade2
New Contributor

We have a complicated building with lots of overlap between AP's and would like to have the AP's try DFS channels to prevent interference. (There just aren't enough channels without DFS) We have "Dynamic Frequency Selection configured on the 5Ghz Radios, but the AP's have never chosen a DFS channel. Is there anyway to kick it to make it switch? We are uisng 630's and 650's

7 REPLIES 7

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

You can set DFS channels statically, and you should only need to enable the DFS channels in the Radio profile to see them in the drop down list. You might need to upgrade to the latest version of HiveManager to do this.

jwade2
New Contributor

Hmm, let me paste a picture, but stripped it out. For reference the image was the Wifi 1 interface configuration for an AP and the screenshot showed the channel selection pull down menu with "Auto" and the 8 non-DFS 5Ghz channels.

jwade2
New Contributor

Hmm, AP's are using the correct device template and Radio Profile and this is confirmed via the command line, however this this is what I see in the GUI, (Non-DFS Channels only)

But, like I said, I can set the channel to a DFS channel via the CLI and the AP's are picking DFS channels, so it is not a problem. . Maybe this is all fixed in the 19.5.1.7 release 🙂

ashley_finch
Contributor III

You should still be able to set DFS channels manually through the interface settings of an AP in HiveManager. Are the APs using the correct radio profile?

GTM-P2G8KFN