cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do I block multiple MAC addresses from connecting to a certain ssid?

russt
New Contributor
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

GeorgiaMason
Contributor II

There are a few ways:

You could try MAC auth, which takes the MAC address of the client device as the username and password, so only the MAC addresses you choose can connect.

You could add a MAC Firewall to block certain MAC addresses, but if this list gets too big you'd be better off doing this through your firewall.

You could use PPSK MAC binding, if you've got PPSK. This binds the PPSK creds to the first device (or first devices) they log in with, and then even if they enter in the correct credentials on other devices, it won't let them on.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

GeorgiaMason
Contributor II

If you enter in configurations via the CLI, a reboot will clear those commands out. You can work around this by using a supplemental CLI, that gets pushed to the devices at every reboot, so the commands stay in.

russt
New Contributor

​I have tried

security mac-filter <myfiltername> address <target Mac>deny but after I add one the second is there I do a save config running bootstrap and reboot. when it comes back up only the first one is there. I am not sure what I am doing wrong. we are trying to keep personal devices off our main SSID, and of course there are a few peole that wont behave

GeorgiaMason
Contributor II

There are a few ways:

You could try MAC auth, which takes the MAC address of the client device as the username and password, so only the MAC addresses you choose can connect.

You could add a MAC Firewall to block certain MAC addresses, but if this list gets too big you'd be better off doing this through your firewall.

You could use PPSK MAC binding, if you've got PPSK. This binds the PPSK creds to the first device (or first devices) they log in with, and then even if they enter in the correct credentials on other devices, it won't let them on.

GTM-P2G8KFN