cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I bulk add devices and assign names to each device?

dlong1
New Contributor
17 REPLIES 17

chris_krieter
New Contributor

Well.... that's pretty unacceptable. I'll continue to escalate my case to the developers then, 2 years of sitting on what I would consider table takes functionality is not ok.

robertscs
New Contributor

I opened a case with Aerohive support and after a couple of support engineers getting into our system to try the import feature- I received the following answer.

"This behavior is reproduceable it seems and so we are currently investigating the root cause to determine if there may be an immediate workaround or if dev intervention will be required to fix this."

They offered to assist with manually entering the AP's in the meantime. However - I want to make sure that those devices are in the correct policy/groups/locations - so we opted to manually enter 100+ AP's.

Sure would be a nice feature to have using to bulk upload. It did not work in 2017 and I was hoping they would have it developed in 2019.

chris_krieter
New Contributor

I am curious if you were able to figure this out? I am also in need of the ability to import 100+ APs with name, location and profile, etc. The only way I can get the csv to even process is with only serial numbers. Would prefer to do this via an API, so I can automate this task, but this functionality is not present in the current iteration of the API. I have a case opened but nothing from support yet but the previous suggestion of exporting the inventory and using that as a template, which doesn't work.

dennisph
New Contributor III

The .csv import does not work like it use to in Classic. I spoke with my sales rep in FL he said that they are going to work on adding it soon hopefully. I use this feature a lot so hopefully it will not take long until then I am sticking with classic.

robertscs
New Contributor

Where you able to find out how to use a CSV file to import AP's? I have tried all the sample/test files as well and they all state 0 of 0 devices were successfully imported.

GTM-P2G8KFN