cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I ensure a new device template is applied to the devices, clearing any overridden settings.

How do I ensure a new device template is applied to the devices, clearing any overridden settings.

it-manager
New Contributor

Recently tried creating a new template and found that the there are apparently some overridden settings in each AP230. Wondering how to revert those and strictly apply the new template.

8 REPLIES 8

bruce_stahlin
Contributor III

Device configurations will override templates every time. You'll need to review each device that is not complying with the template. Don't forget to check for supplemental cli if you have it enabled.

it-manager
New Contributor

Ah yes… yet another overlapping place for config info… The Radio profile is being overridden by the device template, which is being overridden by local interface settings for each device.

marco_tarquini
New Contributor III

With reference to power settings, did you also check the radio profiles settings (in Common Objects)?

it-manager
New Contributor

For each AP230, from the Monitoring List, click on the device. Under the Configuration section, Device configuration, I can see the templates I've made, with the selection showing the current assigned config. This looks right. Select Interface Settings, and you can see the settings are different from the configure device template. I've tried selecting another in the previous section, and saving the config. But the result is the same.

This holds true, even after pushing "changes" to the device. Still shows the same power settings and related bits we've been ask to adjust.

What does seem to work, is making the changes in this area, for each AP230, and then pushing the changes to the devices. Then we see the status change in the monitoring table. (and the audit and delta lists.)

GTM-P2G8KFN