cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I ensure a new device template is applied to the devices, clearing any overridden settings.

How do I ensure a new device template is applied to the devices, clearing any overridden settings.

it-manager
New Contributor

Recently tried creating a new template and found that the there are apparently some overridden settings in each AP230. Wondering how to revert those and strictly apply the new template.

8 REPLIES 8

it-manager
New Contributor

BJ Stahlin: I'm unsure how to best accomplish your suggestion.

Marco Tarquini: This is essentially what I was told to do, via a ticket I have open. One thing that's not exposed in the multiple device edit, is anything to do with the wired network config, and the wifi 802.11h (client transmission control.) The multiple edit save time, for sure. Not quite everything I'd like it to be, but it "works."

marco_tarquini
New Contributor III

Depending of which settings you want to enforce through that template, you may try a multiple edit:

"Monitor --> Select all the relevant APs by checkboxes --> <Click on left, upper edit button> --> Device Configuration / Interface settings / Device Credentials--> try to set now all the options you need (and can) to "Auto".

I also found a bit more details here:

http://docs.aerohive.com/330000/docs/help/english/ng/Content/gui/configuration/configuring-multiple-devices.htm

bruce_stahlin
Contributor III
How about defaulting the device(s) and renaming. You may even need to remove from inventory and add again. That should remove any overriding device config.

it-manager
New Contributor

I've done what you suggest, to get beyond this issue. We recently discontinued using supplemental CLI.

Seems like there should be a "revert to template config" option … which I'm not seeing. I've tried assigning another template for each device, directly, but saw no changes.

GTM-P2G8KFN