cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do i setup a hiveap 121

how do i setup a hiveap 121

rmx888
New Contributor

i recently found an older aerohive hiveap 121 in a thrift store. no where on the device does it say the default ip and username and password. i would like to maybe put this device to work somehow but am not sure how to set it up at all. i have looked for information on the device online and turned up nothing in regards to the setup and the default access ip and username and password.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

rmx888
New Contributor

when I got it initially it was setup for a catholic school where they had teacher student and guest. What I want to do is set it up with just 2.4 and 5ghz and have it as secure as possible. I tried to find the firmware and program from the download box but I got either a blank download box or that what I click on takes me to a blank page

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

rmx888
New Contributor

when I got it initially it was setup for a catholic school where they had teacher student and guest. What I want to do is set it up with just 2.4 and 5ghz and have it as secure as possible. I tried to find the firmware and program from the download box but I got either a blank download box or that what I click on takes me to a blank page

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

The AP will pull an IP address from the network it is connected to, so there isn't a default IP per say. The username will always be admin, and the default password will be "aerohive" or "Aerohive1" without the quotations.

I would recommend using our free ExtremeCloud IQ platform called Connect to manage the device. This guide reviews how to register for a Connect instance: https://thehivecommunity.aerohive.com/s/article/Registering-for-HiveManager-Connect

This guide reviews how to add the device to your Connect inventory: https://thehivecommunity.aerohive.com/s/article/Adding-and-Removing-Devices-in-HiveManager

If you can let me know what kind of SSID you'd like to set up, I can provide a guide for that as well.

GTM-P2G8KFN