cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I view capwap logs I enabled on each AP? I have 2 AP's that are constantly losing capwap connection. I am thinking it is something on my network. Status light stays white

How do I view capwap logs I enabled on each AP? I have 2 AP's that are constantly losing capwap connection. I am thinking it is something on my network. Status light stays white

mrclem999
New Contributor

There is another wireless controller for another tenant in this building that possibly be causing some of my connectivity issues. The Internet is shared for the building.

I have a third AP that goes orange after a few minutes. I have no issues outside of this network. This third AP I took offsite and used it for over 24 hours with no connectivity issues to it and the status light stayed white as well.

Any ideas?

1 REPLY 1

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

If you've enabled capwap debugs, you'd want to look at the buffered log on the AP to view these logs. You can either do this by downloading tech data from the AP, and then looking at the first part of that tech data which would be the buffered log. Or you can run the command on the CLI of the AP "show log buff" to see the buffered log. If you'd like to only view your debugs in the buffered log, run the command "show log buff | include debug"

I'd recommend CTRL+F searching for "echo" to see if we have any failing echo packets.

The HiveManager and the APs have a call and response check-in system that allows them to confirm that each side of the connection is still responsive; these call and response packets are called echos. There is a specific time window within which an AP would need to respond to an echo to be considered still responsive. If the AP misses a certain number of echos back to back, it is considered disconnected until it responds again. If an AP is still connected to the internet and passing traffic while missing echos, it's likely due to latency on the network; the AP is unable to process the echo request quickly enough due to the amount of traffic it has to process before responding. 

GTM-P2G8KFN