cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How I configure an AP130 to broadcast only at 2.4GHz?

How I configure an AP130 to broadcast only at 2.4GHz?

carlos_blanco
New Contributor

I have a VeraEdge controller (G-150) that is used for home automation, it has the property to connect through WiFi, but has the limitation that only connects to the network in the 2.4GHz band.

I had tried to connect the device in a regular SSID that transmit in both bands, but the device does not connect to the AP. How do I configure the access point (AP130), to transmit a SSID in a single band (2.4GHz). and additionally works with another SSID that transmit in both bands

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dsouri
Contributor III

Hello @Carlos Blanco​ ,

In the AP configuration, you can modify SSID Allocation. To get there, start at Monitor -> Select one or more APs -> Click Edit -> interface Settings -> Wireless Interfaces -> SSIDs

You will then be able to choose which SSID the 2.4ghz and 5ghz radios broadcast.

I hope this helps,

David Souri

HiveCommunity Moderator

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

dsouri
Contributor III

Hello @Carlos Blanco​ ,

In the AP configuration, you can modify SSID Allocation. To get there, start at Monitor -> Select one or more APs -> Click Edit -> interface Settings -> Wireless Interfaces -> SSIDs

You will then be able to choose which SSID the 2.4ghz and 5ghz radios broadcast.

I hope this helps,

David Souri

HiveCommunity Moderator

jose_gonzalez
Contributor

Have you updated the firmware / software on your VeraEdge controller (G-150)?

AnonymousM
Valued Contributor II

Yes, follow Eastman's advise.

But this does not explain why your Vera-edge is not connecting to your SSID when broadcasted on both 2.4 and 5GHz - there might be a different problem in your setup.

So, in case your device still cannot connect, start the Client Monitor for the device's MAC address and have a look at the messages. Is the 4-way handshake going through? Is a DHCP address being assigned? ...

erivai
New Contributor II

I would disable 5GHz on the SSID.

HM:

d53a8fa6bba54762b6cc614565a74ded_0690c000006VCKmAAO.png

HM Classic:

classic-ssid

By doing so you still can use 5 GHz for other SSIDs.

Eastman

GTM-P2G8KFN