cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I've got a consultant that needs to look at our Hive Manager NG. I've given him the link and he doesn't get a logon window. "Aerohive.corp.ivcinc.com took too long to respond".

I've got a consultant that needs to look at our Hive Manager NG. I've given him the link and he doesn't get a logon window. "Aerohive.corp.ivcinc.com took too long to respond".

dl-ivc-infrastr
New Contributor
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dsouri
Contributor III

Hello,

If this is an NG On prem instance and your consultant is on an External network, you'll want to make sure the Hivemanager has a public facing IP that the Consultant could put into their Browser. This may be ok for temporary access, but please keep in mind that it would be exposing the Hivemanager server to the internet.

You'll need to make rules up-stream at your firewall to specify exactly how you want to allow access. I would recommend getting your Consultant's IP Address and only allowing their IP to access the Hivemanager from outside.

The best way, is if your consultant can VPN to your network, and access the Hivemanager Locally.

I hope this was helpful, happy to assist,

David Souri

HiveCommunity Moderator

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

dsouri
Contributor III

Hello,

If this is an NG On prem instance and your consultant is on an External network, you'll want to make sure the Hivemanager has a public facing IP that the Consultant could put into their Browser. This may be ok for temporary access, but please keep in mind that it would be exposing the Hivemanager server to the internet.

You'll need to make rules up-stream at your firewall to specify exactly how you want to allow access. I would recommend getting your Consultant's IP Address and only allowing their IP to access the Hivemanager from outside.

The best way, is if your consultant can VPN to your network, and access the Hivemanager Locally.

I hope this was helpful, happy to assist,

David Souri

HiveCommunity Moderator

jstewart
New Contributor

Got NAT'ing set up to your instance of Hive Manager to allow external access?

GTM-P2G8KFN