cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many people have LLDP enabled on their AP configurations?

jfee
New Contributor II
4 REPLIES 4

jfee
New Contributor II

Thank you, figured there was some concern with security. There is always that fine line between security and being useful.

weekdaysailor
Contributor

Another thing to consider is that all services running on the AP are taking up resources that *may* limit your capacities (users, traffic, multicast, etc)

-K

bruce_stahlin
Contributor III

LLDP does have its security issues, primarily "fuzzing." If your ethernet is compromised, there is a lot of valuable information available to a hacker via LLDP. While this is a concern, it is fair to note DHCP, SNMP, and ARP are also points of vulnerability, yet most enterprises would never consider disabling them. While some protocols have security measures that can be enabled, e.g. SNMP version three introduced authentication, LLDP's only recourse is disablement. It's your call.

jfee
New Contributor II

Im running a blank but it seemed at one point an aerohive representative said that I shouldn't have it enabled unless I need specific information at that moment. Now that NG shows scores for power supply and mine are all over the place I was pondering turning LLDP on for all of my APs.

GTM-P2G8KFN