cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure the AP150W ethernet ports for voice vlan and 802.1x or static vlan

How to configure the AP150W ethernet ports for voice vlan and 802.1x or static vlan

s_porter
New Contributor

At present we have port configured but authentication fails and user profile attribute 0 VLAN1 gets applied. The LAN Profile/Security Object shows as 'default security-obj'

Also how can you specify a vlan for non 802.1x devices.

4 REPLIES 4

sglassman
New Contributor

Hi Steven-I found myself in the same boat a while ago. The LLDP/CDP settings are within the "additional settings" of the network policy you're using. There's lots of good stuff in there that you can use, you just have to dig and find it....

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

For the ports we'd want to do MAC authentication, which you can do by enabling Authentication within the port type you're configuring, and setting the Primary authentication method to MAC. Once you save the port type and get back to the Network Policy configuration page, you'll set up a Radius server as a MAC auth server, and you'll be able to assign the VLAN these users get put on once they authenticate. 54a373e72714403ea83e66d49b8d63fb_0690c000008OWOdAAO.png

s_porter
New Contributor

Thank you Sam. By enabling the switching (within the networking requirements, of the network policy) we were able to create a new device template for the AP150W.

The port types for the AP150W are limited.

Can you configure cdp or lldp to automatically assign the voice vlan?  

If not, can one of the ports be configured for mac authentication and assign that to the voice vlan?

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

You should be able to create a device template for the 150w, and configure the port within there. If you have done this and the users are still getting an incorrect VLAN, I'd run the command "show run" to see the current configuration to confirm the right settings are getting pushed out to the AP. If the setting seem to be listed but they aren't applying to clients, I would recommend opening a technical support ticket to investigate further. 

GTM-P2G8KFN