cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to update AP120's to latest HIVEOS but failing from the cloud HiveManager GUI

Trying to update AP120's to latest HIVEOS but failing from the cloud HiveManager GUI

mlucash
New Contributor

I have successfully connected a pair of AP120's to the cloud HiveManager and it told me I need to update the HIVEOS to the latest. The current HiveOS is 6.3r3b.

I attempted the update multiple times but it fails with "The CLI 'save image ...... no-prompt' execute failed, caused by: The Aerohive device was unable to save the image to flash memory. Reboot the Aerohive device and try again". I rebooted multiple times with the same result.

I tried entering the command manually on the device via the CLI terminal and (assuming I'm using the correct password) it errored out with "Curl: (35) Unknown SSL protocol error in connection to cloud-va2.aerohive.com:443".

I'm wondering if the OS is too downlevel to connect via ssh to download the latest update? I tried all version offered in the HiveManager, all error out the same. Is there a download of the OS I can apply via tftp?

Thank you,

Michael

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Thanks for letting me know, I've sent two other firmware versions that are in between where you are now and the version we are trying to get to. Please let me know if you continue to have issues.

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19

leiyang
New Contributor

Dear Sam,

I have got your Email and upgraded the Firmware to the latest.

Thank you so much!

Have a nice day!

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi @Yang Lei​ , thanks for letting me know, I've emailed you directly with the files you'll need and a guide that will walk you through how to update the firmware via the APs web UI to use until we can update them with the HiveManager. Please let me know if you have any further trouble updating these devices.

leiyang
New Contributor

@Sam Pirok​ Hi Sam, I have the same issue when I trying to upgrade my AP120 from 5.1r3 to 6.5r10.

If you don't mind, could you share the relevant firmware, thank you.

srstuart
New Contributor

Thanks Sam! Since I couldn't load via web browser, and HiveManager kept failing, I use TFTP server and got them loaded. Appreciate the help - thank you!

Steve

GTM-P2G8KFN