Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to debug wifi0: A high interference alert was raised

How to debug wifi0: A high interference alert was raised

arnaud_mombrial
New Contributor

Hi,

?

we currently have numerous Interference alerts.

?

Our building is approx. 5500m2 and we have 45 AP250 deployed.

?

In order to debug this pb, I'm trying different settings as explained here :

* https://thehivecommunity.aerohive.com/s/article/Radio-Frequency-Interference-Troubleshooting?language=en_US

* https://thehivecommunity.aerohive.com/s/article/Radio-Frequency-Interference-NG

?

On each of them #show acsp neighbor clearly shows an Rssi pb :

?

#show acsp neighbor

f4ea:b55a:7694 Access Guest 1 -45 yes 15 43 0 20 1 1

f4ea:b55a:7695 Access Interne 1 -45 yes 15 43 1 20 1 1

?

So I reduced drastically Transmission Power for each of them

?

#show acsp

Interface Channel select state Primary channel Channel width Power ctrl state     Tx power(dbm) Use Last Selection

--------- --------------------- ---------------- ------------- --------------------- ------------- ---------------------

Wifi0    Enable               6               20           Disable(User disable) 1*           Channel:No Power:No

Wifi1    Enable               161             20           Disable(User disable) 5*           Channel:No Power:No

?

But the problem remains since I'm still in a High collision State.

What I would like to know is if the #show int wi0 outputs real time information ?

If so, is there a way to show current channel interferences or to reset rx CRC rate ?

Best.

?

?

?

?

6 REPLIES 6

w1f1n00b
Contributor II

were you ever able to get more info regarding this?

w1f1n00b
Contributor II

I believe that is the case in NG as well, but don't quote me on that. Just posting here because I too am curious to know if there is a way to clear these numbers manually. That would make troubleshooting easier. I have had support confirm that BGScans aren't performed all at once, but that the AP does many small scans in order to compile the whole scan over the time period set in the radio profile. I imagine this will only complicate the issue, so maybe waiting an hour really is the best bet.

arnaud_mombrial
New Contributor

Replying to my own questions. Found after re-reading first link posted that I have to :

Wait an hour (to make sure the AP runs at least one background scan, which will update the data in the output of commands used in this guide)

It's related to HiveManager Classic, but I think (can someone confirm please?) that it's the same behaviour for HiveManager NG.

Best.

arnaud_mombrial
New Contributor

Hi BJStahlin,

Thank you for you reply.

It seems to me that the result of "show acsp" command indicates that I reduce Transmission Power to 1db. In my post, 20 is related to Channel Width, which is maybe a setting that I can tweak too (don't know atm, didn't tried) in order to improve Wifi performance in our building.

Anyhow, does someone knows if "show int wi0/1" output is a realtime information ?

Best.

GTM-P2G8KFN