Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to debug wifi0: A high interference alert was raised

How to debug wifi0: A high interference alert was raised

arnaud_mombrial
New Contributor

Hi,

?

we currently have numerous Interference alerts.

?

Our building is approx. 5500m2 and we have 45 AP250 deployed.

?

In order to debug this pb, I'm trying different settings as explained here :

* https://thehivecommunity.aerohive.com/s/article/Radio-Frequency-Interference-Troubleshooting?language=en_US

* https://thehivecommunity.aerohive.com/s/article/Radio-Frequency-Interference-NG

?

On each of them #show acsp neighbor clearly shows an Rssi pb :

?

#show acsp neighbor

f4ea:b55a:7694 Access Guest 1 -45 yes 15 43 0 20 1 1

f4ea:b55a:7695 Access Interne 1 -45 yes 15 43 1 20 1 1

?

So I reduced drastically Transmission Power for each of them

?

#show acsp

Interface Channel select state Primary channel Channel width Power ctrl state     Tx power(dbm) Use Last Selection

--------- --------------------- ---------------- ------------- --------------------- ------------- ---------------------

Wifi0    Enable               6               20           Disable(User disable) 1*           Channel:No Power:No

Wifi1    Enable               161             20           Disable(User disable) 5*           Channel:No Power:No

?

But the problem remains since I'm still in a High collision State.

What I would like to know is if the #show int wi0 outputs real time information ?

If so, is there a way to show current channel interferences or to reset rx CRC rate ?

Best.

?

?

?

?

6 REPLIES 6

bruce_stahlin
Contributor III

Your APs are at full power (20) on the 2.4 GHz spectrum. Try cloning the wifi0 radio profile, then dropping the Maximum Transmit Power setting. You can go as low as 10.

arnaud_mombrial
New Contributor

Adding some thought.

In this setup I powered off one of the 3 APs I'm trying to configure.

What I find strange, is that when I run show acsp neighbor, the AP that is powered off is still present in the results.

GTM-P2G8KFN