cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to duplicate a custom report from Hivemanager Classic

How to duplicate a custom report from Hivemanager Classic

tstevens
New Contributor

I just switched from Hivemanager Classic where I had a custom report. I need a csv file with a list of client connections (MAC address) and which ssid they connected to. I had it emailed to me daily. It was how I tracked number of daily clients by location (ssid).

3 REPLIES 3

cslone
New Contributor

I'm in exactly the same position. My library is currently using the Unique Wi-Fi Clients Over Time report available on the dashboard, but since we can't export the numbers themselves we have to manually add the 5g and 2.4ghz clients for each day of the month.

So lately I've been trying to figure out a way to do this differently. I've have a custom report that shows the individual MAC address for each wi-fi client but, besides the fact that I'll need to build an Excel template to feed this through to remove duplicates and tally them the way we need, the report never gives me more than the last three days. Is that a bug or can it really only give me this info that far back (when the dashboard reports can do a whole month)?

tstevens
New Contributor

In the end, what I need is just a daily list of the number of unique clients per ssid. I was using some excel formulas to create that with raw data from the old customized report. It seems that there was much more detail possible with the old reporting, but the new version is prettier. Unfortunately I just need some numbers. We are a public library system and we track uses of our public WiFi by location to report to the state. I couldn't see how to get that information, but maybe I'm missing it. Can someone point me in a good direction?​

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Unfortunately there isn't an exact match with reports between HiveManager and Classic. If you don't see the report you are looking for in the Dashboard> Reports section, then we'll need to file a feature request to add the kind of report you are looking for.

GTM-P2G8KFN