cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to enable an SNMP for aerohive AP230?

jennifer_burris
New Contributor
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dsouri
Contributor III

Hello,

The SNMP server settings can be found at the Configure Tab -> Network Policy -> Additional Settings -> Management Server

You can enable and configure it at the Network Policy level, and push an update to all Devices in this network policy to start using SNMP.

Hope this helps,

David Souri

HiveCommunity Moderator

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

dsouri
Contributor III

Hi @Jennifer Burris​ ,

Could you advise the HiveOS version and Model of the APs in your Hivemanager?

David Souri

HiveCommunity Moderator

mikael_johansso
New Contributor

Hi we have the same problem with all models of AP (in NG, worked fine in classic). This "workaround" works for us.

Ssh to the AP and do this:

no interface eth0 manage SNMP

no interface eth1 manage SNMP

no interface eth0 native-vlan

no interface eth1 native-vlan

save config

Then do a delta update on the AP in the webgui, snmp works. If you do a complete update again snmp stops working again.

We have reported this to our support partner and hopes aerohive solves this soon.

Mikael Johansson

jennifer_burris
New Contributor

Hello David thank you for your response. I already enabled the SNMP under additional settings> management server also under security traffic filter selected enable SNMP. I also enable the SNMP under port settings from AP device management tab. Please advise if I am missing something on my configuration as it is still failing.

dsouri
Contributor III

Hello,

The SNMP server settings can be found at the Configure Tab -> Network Policy -> Additional Settings -> Management Server

You can enable and configure it at the Network Policy level, and push an update to all Devices in this network policy to start using SNMP.

Hope this helps,

David Souri

HiveCommunity Moderator

GTM-P2G8KFN