cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to find recommended software versions for Extreme's (ex. Aerohive) AP's 330, 121, 230

How to find recommended software versions for Extreme's (ex. Aerohive) AP's 330, 121, 230

domac385
New Contributor
Hi,

I am trying to find recommended software versions for the AP's in the subject but with no luck. I would like to plan update of the mentioned AP's if neccessary but couldn't find what is recommended software version for each. I found that there used to be HiveOS Access point matrix where you could see the recommended software version for the AP's by model, and last matrix I was able to found on the forum is dated from 2019 which isn't relevant anymore.
Where and how could I get the info I need?
Thanks!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ash_Finch
Contributor III

There aren't really any golden/latest firmwares anymore, generally the latest is the one support recommend.
For the 330 & 121, the 6.5 strand is the "latest" it'll go to. 6.5r12 was the old "golden" I think - 6.5r15 is the latest now, but only has security fixes in between r12 and r15 as it's a non-feature strand now.
For the AP230 I'd personally go to the latest (10.4r3), but if you wanted to have a non feature release then 8.2r11 would be the best in that regard

(from a personal viewpoint anyway)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Ash_Finch
Contributor III

There aren't really any golden/latest firmwares anymore, generally the latest is the one support recommend.
For the 330 & 121, the 6.5 strand is the "latest" it'll go to. 6.5r12 was the old "golden" I think - 6.5r15 is the latest now, but only has security fixes in between r12 and r15 as it's a non-feature strand now.
For the AP230 I'd personally go to the latest (10.4r3), but if you wanted to have a non feature release then 8.2r11 would be the best in that regard

(from a personal viewpoint anyway)

domac385
New Contributor
Hi,
these are corporate devices onboarded to Extreme cloud IQ and supported. I can do the upgrade through portal, but having difficulties to tell which of the offered versions is the recommended for each model. I am not willing to go to the latest release. I prefer to go to the recommended versions - before those were stated as golden releases if I recall correctly.

scerazy
New Contributor
Get the free EIQ Connect, onboard devices, update the firmware, 20 min tops
GTM-P2G8KFN