cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to fully customize the Splash Page on the Captive Web portal in Aerohive NG. Current HTML is limited. I want to be able to upload images of sales to the Web Portal for Guest for out Retail Stores.

How to fully customize the Splash Page on the Captive Web portal in Aerohive NG. Current HTML is limited. I want to be able to upload images of sales to the Web Portal for Guest for out Retail Stores.

null-jeremy_liv
New Contributor
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jose_gonzalez
Contributor

You would export the configuration using HiveManager NG. We use HiveManager Classic, in it you select the captive web portal and there is a Export button. I would think NG has a similar option? If you can't find how - open a support ticket specifically for exporting the captive web portal HTML.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

aerohive72
New Contributor

And where can i find the other files ?

hector_rios
New Contributor

Thanks a lot for your answer... it was very helpfully!!!

I solved my situation.

Saludos!!!

jose_gonzalez
Contributor

@Hector Hernan Rios​ 

It's technically possible, a bit complicated You have to include exceptions that are allowed in the walled garden (Youtube) & firewall rule list. I suppose you could iFrame YouTube into the captive portal.

I wouldn't recommend giving access to YouTube to view one video. Host that video internally, make sure it's encoded as a mp4 - you may want to increase the compression to keep the file size small. Handbrake transcoder is your friend . Include the host that has the mp4 video in the walled garden exception list. Using HTML5 <video> tag it's trivial to link to the video - without leaving the CWP. Don't forget to add your internal web server that hosts the video to the walled garden list & firewall allow rule list.

https://www.w3schools.com/html/html5_video.asp

hector_rios
New Contributor

What if I want to include a video in the CWP?

Is this possible? Can I configure access to YouTube for example before accepting the CWP policies?

Thanks and regards.

GTM-P2G8KFN