cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use URL Filtering...See below.

How to use URL Filtering...See below.

dready
New Contributor

I am looking into possibly setting access schedules for our afterschool students as well as URL Filtering through HiveManager. I found the URL Filtering section under Common Objects but am unsure of how to implement it as well as it's functionality.

I would like to blacklist some domains and websites on the UMS Student network as well as set and afterschool schedule (ie 330pm-6pm) that they can only browse to whitelisted sites or domains.

Is this possible?

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1

GeorgiaMason
Contributor II

I think you want an IP firewall to control what sites users can reach, and you can set schedules on different user profiles (also where the IP firewall is) to enforce different IP firewall rules at different times.

If you open configure, open the SSID and look at the user profile, the IP firewall is under the security tab. Click add and then the top icon that looks like a play button, and switch to the applications tab. It's a good bet your sites are already in there, and then you can set the rule for this site to either allow or deny traffic going there.

Also in the user profile, if you look at the availability schedule tab, you can set a schedule for that user profile to say when these rules are in use.

GTM-P2G8KFN