cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am having an issue where Unable to Access Data keeps showing when using Network 360 to plan an AP roll out. Screenshot attached. Thanks in advance

I am having an issue where Unable to Access Data keeps showing when using Network 360 to plan an AP roll out. Screenshot attached. Thanks in advance

ssrick78
New Contributor
10 REPLIES 10

mjoanis
New Contributor

@Jason Hills​ @Sam Pirok​ 

I had this issue with our on-prem ng appliance version 19.5.1.7. I resolved it by purging data via HMVA Management>Troubleshooting>Storage. Despite the fact that my resource monitor indicates I have 75% free storage space and sufficient memory resources I had to delete thousands of log files--10 logs at a time--until I had enough "resources" to delete more than 10 at once. (it would error out). Once this was done (took about an hour solid give or take) I no longer received the"Unable to Access Data" error.

Our system meets recommended specs, but I was still told by support that the issue was either a resource issue (I was confidently told I need SSD's) or "corrupt data" and I need to redeploy from a backup. Any system can run out of resources if it is not properly managing the data it generates. The system should be auto purging data OR archiving it in some fashion to prevent this OR at the very least support should be aware of this function.

Aerohive/Extreme needs to do a better job with documentation and getting "internal" info/docs consistent across the board. Additionally, the "its corrupt, you need to wipe it and start over from a back up" answer is unacceptable for what is otherwise a near enterprise-level system--I did not buy an Apple product--don't treat me like I am at the Genius Bar.

thanks,

Matt

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

This is indicative of a resource issue, I would check your memory allocation to make sure there is sufficient memory for the VA. If there is, you might be dealing with corruption and would want to redeploy the VA and import your backup file (preferably taken before the issue began occurring if you have one) to the new VA.

jason_hills
New Contributor III

@Sam Pirok​ Hi Sam, unfortunately we have the same issue on an NGVA hosted NG HiveManager. It was operating correclty without this error up until Friday 25 Oct 2019. Is it normally a Resource limitation on the system manager?

Anything we should check on the VMWare instance?

Verion 19.5.1.7-NGVA (the latest ver)

@Andrew Lee​  is able to assist.

ssrick78
New Contributor

Hi Sam,

yes! now the HiveManager is working normally. Thank you!

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Thank you for your patience, I've been told everything is back up and running now, could you confirm the HiveManager is operating normally now?

GTM-P2G8KFN