cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am upgrading to use the SFP ports and I can't get them enabled through the hive manager. I am not keen on going console is there a way to enable the ports using the hive manager?

I am upgrading to use the SFP ports and I can't get them enabled through the hive manager. I am not keen on going console is there a way to enable the ports using the hive manager?

AnonymousM
Valued Contributor II
4 REPLIES 4

rbenner
New Contributor

I found out after talking to the SFP plug provider that they sent me the wrong ones.

bruce_stahlin
Contributor III
There are indicator lights. If you have an sfp plugged in and fiber connected, but no activity lights:
1) try reversing polarity of your fiber, making sure tx to rx & vice versa. This will most likely be the case if there is a riser cable with two patches on either end as most patch cables flip polarity. Two patches would send rx-rx & tx-tx
2) make sure you’re using a compatible sfp

rbenner
New Contributor

What I am refering to is two fold. How can I tell if it is actually up and running and configured, when there is no lights, and I can't figure out where to in the hive manager. Two, how do you enable individual ports through the hive manager.

bruce_stahlin
Contributor III

If you're referring to a Port Status of "disabled," it is simply Aerohive's version of down/down as seen with other vendors. Once you pop a viable SFP module and patch, it should come up, assuming it becomes a spanning tree forwarding port.

GTM-P2G8KFN