cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

I created a new test account, once inside a policy and a location and purchased a new AP121 which I added in HiveManager. I don't see the SSID I created hence I can't use the AP. Why could that be?

I created a new test account, once inside a policy and a location and purchased a new AP121 which I added in HiveManager. I don't see the SSID I created hence I can't use the AP. Why could that be?

akira
New Contributor II
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

akira
New Contributor II

Thank you very much, I received the firmwares I needed and device is finally working!! In case someone else faces this problem I had to:

• manually update to 6.1r6
  • manually update to 6.2r1
  • manually update to 6.5r3
  • manually update to 6.5r12
  • delete the device from the Hive Manager and add it again, applying policy and location.

Only then the message "Device Update Failed" dissappeared and I started seeing the SSID.

Thank you all very much!!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

AnonymousM
Valued Contributor II

There are a few types of communications. Some basic things are sent/received over the CAPWAP session. But some more secure things (configuration updates) are sent over SSH/HTTPS sessions. I suspect that CAPWAP is being allowed out/in fine - denoted by the white LED and your ability to manually reboot it from the GUI but the secure port(s) are not based on the fact that you cant push a config or get a config delta on the device.

I'd start my troubleshooting with content filter and/or firewall for proper ports being opened.

akira
New Contributor II

Thank you BJ Stahlin. I'm totally lost here. The device does restart when I restart it from the cloud, so I guess the communication is working. Also it shows a white light. On the 2 error indicators (the "device Update Failed" and the red exclamation (!) mark next to the green hexagone, this is what I see. I do not understand which warnings are important or not. I'm a bit frustrated....

9ff73deb05c841528c668bbee5026fa0_0690c000007so30AAA.png

Captura de Pantalla 2019-04-11 a les 14.58.26

Captura de Pantalla 2019-04-11 a les 14.58.13

bruce_stahlin
Contributor III

It appears the config was never successfully pushed, as noted by the failed update notification. This is usually due to loss of capwap between the device and HiveManager, which is either a result of a misconfig in the layer two (vlan) or three (ip/routing) configuration. If you roll over the failure notification, it might lead you toward a resolution. After you've identified and corrected the misconfiguration and a successful push, your AP should be operational.

akira
New Contributor II

54fd6a7b158f4e0799adcf1373696583_0690c000007smS3AAI.png

This is what I see. Note it complains that "Device Update Failed"

GTM-P2G8KFN