cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I got a free AP a few years ago, the entitlement key for which has long since expired. I'd like to use the AP on the Hivemanager Connect platform to try it out...

I got a free AP a few years ago, the entitlement key for which has long since expired. I'd like to use the AP on the Hivemanager Connect platform to try it out...

James11
New Contributor

Any idea how i can get the AP removed from the VHM it is currently registered to?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Yes, "no hivemanager" will clear the old HiveManager address, and then you can set a new one with "hivemanager <hivemanager address> primary". The guide I just linked goes over how to find your HiveManager address to fill in that second command. Once that's set you'll want to run "save config" to save the new settings.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Resetting the AP might be the fastest route but this guide will walk you through how to manually set the CAPWAP parameters for the APs: https://thehivecommunity.aerohive.com/s/article/CAPWAP-Guide-for-HiveManager-NG

James11
New Contributor

OK - thanks for that Sam - new problem though - can't get the AP to register with HiveManager Connect - i'm assuming i need to change the CAPWAP settings through the CLI - but i can't find any specific information on how to change this or what the settings would be for registering the AP with HiveManager Connect. Any ideas?

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Thanks for the serial number, I was able to remove that devices duplicate records for you. Let me know if I can help with anything else!

James11
New Contributor
Hi Sam

Serial number is:

Hope you can help! Thanks

J

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Could you email me the serial number at communityhelp@aerohive.com so I can see if I can remove the conflicting record for you?

GTM-P2G8KFN