cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a AeroHive AP250 that is Connecting to DHCP and getting / giving out IP addresses but not connecting out to the Internet. It is running the same policy as all other AP250's on my network. Any suggestions would be a great help.

I have a AeroHive AP250 that is Connecting to DHCP and getting / giving out IP addresses but not connecting out to the Internet. It is running the same policy as all other AP250's on my network. Any suggestions would be a great help.

haide
New Contributor
5 REPLIES 5

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi Hunter, I have a few questions: Are you able to ping your default gateway from the CLI of that AP? Are you able to ping 8.8.8.8, google.com, or both? Could you try switching the port of this AP with a working AP to see if the problem follows the AP or stays with the port?

We could also run a trace route, to see how far traffic gets and where it stops. The CLI command for that is "tracert <IPAddress>". For example, if I wanted to do a trace route to one of Googles DNS addresses, 8.8.8.8, the command would be "tracert 8.8.8.8", without the quotations. If you could share the results of that, it might help us pinpoint where the traffic is dropping. If you'd rather share this with me directly, my email is communityhelp@aerohive.com.

GTM-P2G8KFN