cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

I have a lot of interference on my devices that I took over at this school. I saw an answer on here to lower the tx power. It said to check the box next to the AP then modify. I can't find where to modify it. All of the AP's are running 8.4r9a.

I have a lot of interference on my devices that I took over at this school. I saw an answer on here to lower the tx power. It said to check the box next to the AP then modify. I can't find where to modify it. All of the AP's are running 8.4r9a.

mayesd
New Contributor
2 REPLIES 2

jfee
New Contributor II

Im betting it is not your environment. I manage 547 devices (AP250 and AP130). I upgraded one wing of on of our middle schools to 8.4r9a last week testing some other things. Since then those 37 aps have been complaining of 5 GHz interference like never before.

bruce_stahlin
Contributor III

Better yet, clone the existing 2.4 GHz radio profile under Configure->Common Objects. Once you have cloned and renamed the profile, go to the Maximum Transmit Power slider and adjust it accordingly. Depending on the density of your network, you might be able to pull it all the way down to 10. This will still allow the APs to negotiate power with their neighbors.

You can then create a device template within your network policy for the devices you want to deploy this radio profile.

GTM-P2G8KFN