cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

I have An AP in a sports hall. The height of the hall means that it will appear on 2 floors of the building and there is no floor in this section of the building. how can i best make the Heat map reflect this?

I have An AP in a sports hall. The height of the hall means that it will appear on 2 floors of the building and there is no floor in this section of the building. how can i best make the Heat map reflect this?

simon_dupree
New Contributor
1 REPLY 1

dparsons
Contributor

I have several areas that are like this. I simply put it on the floor the room is on. However I think it would depend on your situation on what your choice is. If the height of the AP matches an upper floor it would be a closer match to the real heat map, or interference map to be truthful. You cannot make the AP show on more than one map so you are stuck with picking one. Unless I have missed something the mapping does not do much to take in account the floors as far as what is shown on the real maps (not planning). It is almost as if you are dealing with each floor as a seperate building. The system does not think in 3D, at least HM Classic doesn't.

So I would ask do you want the map to show what the AP sees or what the client sees? If AP put it on the floor that matches the level of the AP. If client put it on the floor the client is on.

GTM-P2G8KFN