cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have an AP that is showing 45% RX CRC errors. But the math in the interface counters doesn't seem to make any sense of this. Below are the RX Counters

I have an AP that is showing 45% RX CRC errors. But the math in the interface counters doesn't seem to make any sense of this. Below are the RX Counters

jsaultz
New Contributor
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

support100
New Contributor II

Hi James,

I would look at getting your AP230 on to a different firmware version. I've had some experience with issues on version 7. Version 6.5r9a is the version they recommend for the wave 1 access points. Even if this doesn't necessarily fix the stats, it would be worth ruling out and avoiding using this version given my experience in it. Personally, I would get the firmware changed and then check the stats on the 230 afterwards.

Kind regards

Nathan W

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

support100
New Contributor II

Hi James,

I would look at getting your AP230 on to a different firmware version. I've had some experience with issues on version 7. Version 6.5r9a is the version they recommend for the wave 1 access points. Even if this doesn't necessarily fix the stats, it would be worth ruling out and avoiding using this version given my experience in it. Personally, I would get the firmware changed and then check the stats on the 230 afterwards.

Kind regards

Nathan W

jsaultz
New Contributor

LAN3 Support,

The first example was from a AP330 running HiveOS 6.5r9a.194750 , the second example was from a AP230 running HiveOS 7.1r1.142326

support100
New Contributor II

No problem James,

By my logic on the previous one, it does appear this one is showing a slightly different figure than I'd expect. I got the same results. Are these APs the same model running the same firmware?

Kind regards

Nathan W

jsaultz
New Contributor

LAN3 Support,

Thank you for helping. And I see where I went wrong on the math for that one. I used the same method that you laid out above on another AP, and the results do not seem to be correct. Below are the statistics, I took the number of CRC errors 58934 / 207984 = .28*100 = 28%

70436 rx data frames

69932 rx unicast data frames

430 rx multicast data frames

74 rx broadcast data frames

72406 rx management frames

48 rx BAR (Block Ack Request) frames

6160 rx Retries

8% rx retry rate

58934 rx CRC errors

58915 rx CRC errors with no physical error

19% rx CRC rate

0 rx frame errors other than CRC