cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have an AP230 , it starts up but does not recieve an IP adress. I can connect to the console port but then when i try "show running config" I get "error 111" Does anyone have a solution to this?

I have an AP230 , it starts up but does not recieve an IP adress. I can connect to the console port but then when i try "show running config" I get "error 111" Does anyone have a solution to this?

mark_bersee
New Contributor
3 REPLIES 3

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Thank you for your patience, I've been looking in to this for you and it looks like we may need to RMA the device that's giving the Error 111 message. Would you be able to open a case with your Aerohive partner to request the RMA? If you're unsure who to contact for your partner, I can email that information to you directly, just let me know.

mark_bersee
New Contributor

I am not able to push the config from the Hivemanager since the accesspoint doesn't receive an IP address (MAC address not visible in network scan, or in the router DHCP lease list). We don't use any VLAN's, so it should receive an IP address. Cables are good since my laptop does get an IP address with the same setup. I tried setting up an IP address myself using the command found on the Aerohive CLI Guide website, and this shows when I try 'show running-config', but the accesspoints can't be reached on the IP adderss I tried setting up. Beside that, the 'error 111' message shows up while trying to show the config.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Have you been able to push a configuration to the AP from the HiveManager? For the IP address, we'll need to check the port on the switch to make sure it can support the VLAN your AP should be using. Can you try running the following command, replacing the # with the VLAN ID the AP should be using?

int mgt0 dhcp-probe vlan-range #

GTM-P2G8KFN