cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have received a batch of new AP305C's that seem to be working except for the LED is flashing White slowly. The hardware manual for the AP's say that it should stay on. They show on Extreme IQ as working and no events. Any suggestions?

I have received a batch of new AP305C's that seem to be working except for the LED is flashing White slowly. The hardware manual for the AP's say that it should stay on. They show on Extreme IQ as working and no events. Any suggestions?

AnonymousM
Valued Contributor II
13 REPLIES 13

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Thank you for that tech data. I see the AP's been connected for 17+ hours at the time that tech data was pulled, which is good news. The other thing we'd want to check for the flashing white LED would be power, can you tell me what kind of power (af or at) the AP is getting currently?

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Thank you for clarifying. That should mean that the AP is trying to establish a connection to ExtremeCloud IQ. Since it's already connected, would you be able to send me tech data from the AP so I can check the connection? If you'd like to send that to me directly, my email is communityhelp@aerohive.com.

AnonymousM
Valued Contributor II

It flashes steadily at a 1 second interval and never stops.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

When you say flashing slowly, do you mean the LED comes on for 4 seconds every 60 seconds but otherwise remains off? That is expected behavior for LEDs when the AP has been up for 24 hours or more. We introduced that LED behavior to extend the life of the LED on the APs. The LED should be solid for the first 24 hours after a reboot, and then switch to the slow blinking behavior.

GTM-P2G8KFN