cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have the AP650 access point. Im using both wired ports and they are set to uplink. However Im only getting 1 link light back on the switch. I have Dell N2000 switches. What do I have to do to make it use both wired ports?

I have the AP650 access point. Im using both wired ports and they are set to uplink. However Im only getting 1 link light back on the switch. I have Dell N2000 switches. What do I have to do to make it use both wired ports?

donnie_johnson
New Contributor
2 REPLIES 2

donnie_johnson
New Contributor

Thanks!

bruce_stahlin
Contributor III

Aerohive APs use Kalpana style etherchannel to bond the two interfaces as one. First, you'll need to create a new template for the AP650s in your network policy. Name the template, eg AP650_etherchannel. Select the ETH0 and ETH1 interfaces, click the Assign button, select Advanced Actions and Aggregate. If you scroll down, you'll see a new interface, agg0. This is your Etherchannel interface. Save the template and assign clarification rules based upon Device Location, Cloud Config Group, IP address, Subnet or Range.

I've not used Dell switches, but it appears they call etherchannel Static Port-Channels and it appears to be very similar to Cisco's configuration. Here's a link...

https://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/04/how10784/how-to-configure-a-static-port-channel-on-an-n-series-switch?lang=en

Before you plug in both interfaces and cause loops and storms, make sure your etherchannels are configured an working with a single connected interface first.

Good luck!

GTM-P2G8KFN