cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

I'm having a problem connecting to a Hive Manager. The wi-fi networks are 'up' & working however there is no response to any attempt to access the management interface either via the GUI or via a direct SSH or Telnet connection via the consul port.

I'm having a problem connecting to a Hive Manager. The wi-fi networks are 'up' & working however there is no response to any attempt to access the management interface either via the GUI or via a direct SSH or Telnet connection via the consul port.

geraint_william
New Contributor
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

bruce_stahlin
Contributor III

Are you able the ping the MGT interfaces? Can you lookup the MACs in an arp table on a connected router? Are the MACs showing up in the correct VLAN on your switches?

Best,

BJ

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

bruce_stahlin
Contributor III

Are you able the ping the MGT interfaces? Can you lookup the MACs in an arp table on a connected router? Are the MACs showing up in the correct VLAN on your switches?

Best,

BJ

geraint_william
New Contributor

Hi David, and thanks for your response.

Yes this is an on-premises setup and yes the WI-FI clients can pass traffic.

I will try what you've suggested however this won't be until Monday as this setup is on a ship and its out of port just now.

I'll let you know how it goes.ā€‹

dsouri
Contributor III

Hello,

Is this for an On-Premise setup? If so, please continue.

If I haven't captured your issue in my response, please advise, and I'm happy/ready to assist.

-----

Is it true that the Wi-Fi Clients can connect and pass traffic?

If So, let's see if the APs can communicate with Hivemanager. Can you SSH into an AP, and run the command:

show capwap client

This should tell you if the APs can communicate with Hivemanager. If so, and even if CAPWAP is disconnected, maybe you can SSH from an AP with this command:

exec ssh-client server <string> user <string> 

If unreachable still, Rebooting the Hivemanager On-Premise should not effect Client Connectivity at all.

Hope this helps, 

David Souri

HiveCommunity Moderator

geraint_william
New Contributor

Any thoughts on how I can access this without rebooting the hardware? I'm reluctant to do that incase the wi-fi networks don't come back up [ie is the hardware failing]?ā€‹

GTM-P2G8KFN