cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

I'm struggling to update the firmware on two AP120s using the cloud hivemanager. They are at version 5.1r5 and fail to upgrade due to "unable to save the image to flash memory" issue. What method should I use to get these APs up to 6.5r10 ?

I'm struggling to update the firmware on two AP120s using the cloud hivemanager. They are at version 5.1r5 and fail to upgrade due to "unable to save the image to flash memory" issue. What method should I use to get these APs up to 6.5r10 ?

AnonymousM
Valued Contributor II
11 REPLIES 11

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

A quick press of the reset button will reboot the AP, you'll want to hold the reset button down for 5 seconds to fully reset the device. The LED on the front of the AP should flash completely off, then on again to indicate a full reset.

tcarrington
New Contributor III

just to check, is a full reset a quick press of the reset button while powered on, causing flashing blue, then green, then white? If so then yes, but not if that's a less full reset

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

6.5r4 is an older version in general (around 4 years old I think), but ExtremeCloud IQ should be able to use anything from 6.5r3 and up. I do think a TFTP flash is the best way to go at this point, given the errors you're seeing and the odd configuration settings you've noticed. You might also want to try a full reset if you haven't already (I see you tried that earlier but I'm not sure if that was before or after the SSID interfaces were acting oddly).

tcarrington
New Contributor III

*... a few of the HiveOSes from your SalesForce download area

GTM-P2G8KFN