cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm struggling to update the firmware on two AP120s using the cloud hivemanager. They are at version 5.1r5 and fail to upgrade due to "unable to save the image to flash memory" issue. What method should I use to get these APs up to 6.5r10 ?

I'm struggling to update the firmware on two AP120s using the cloud hivemanager. They are at version 5.1r5 and fail to upgrade due to "unable to save the image to flash memory" issue. What method should I use to get these APs up to 6.5r10 ?

AnonymousM
Valued Contributor II
11 REPLIES 11

tcarrington
New Contributor III

would the 6.5r4 be an "old file" if I was using ExtremeCloudIQ to update it?

I've tried a few of the HiveOSes via the AP's web interfaces now, same issue/message. I can't even change the name of the AP.

Also, even though they have the same policy and are reporting to ExtremeCloudIQ as everything is fine, I have no 2.4Ghz signal at all, and the 5Ghz are hidden SSIDs. Not sure if this points to anything.

Sounds like TFTP flash is the way to go?

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Thank you for letting me know. I've enabled download access in Hive Community for you, could you try downloading new firmware files to see if you have issues with a brand new file? I want to rule out corruption on the old files you're using. If that doesn't help, the best next step would be a TFTP flash, but that would require a support case so they can enter an administrative password for you during the flash process.

AnonymousM
Valued Contributor II

hi Sam, am in the process of updating 3 more AP120s to 6.5r10 like the first 3.

I've got them to 6.5r4 .

I got them to 6.5r3 using the webUI and the files you emailed 9 months ago.

I'm not sure how I got to 6.5r4 as I have 6.5r3 and 6.5r10 sent by you, but not 6.5r4, so I must have upgraded to 6.5r4 successfully using https://ie.extremecloudiq.com/#/devices I think?

However, now extremecloudIQ fails at all subsequent updates (6.5r10, 6.5r5, 6.5r8 6.5r9 etc) with failed to save to flash memory. This is the case after reboots, power out/in reboots, and resets.

6.5r4 also broke the logins via the APs webUI, and the password set in the policy (with "admin" username) didn't work either, so I factory reset them to get webUI access again.

However, now whatever I try in webUI I get "the HiveOS image is incorrect. Make sure that the image you are attempting to load is appropriate for the HiveAP platform and the difference with the image saved in the HiveAP."

I've tried 6.5r10 and 6.5r3 this way. I just get a single purple flash and then they are back to white.

can you point me the right direction?

cheers, Tim

AnonymousM
Valued Contributor II

Hi Sam, I think you'll find the current crop of browsers don't allow that work-a-round anymore, but am happy to be corrected.

Am pretty sure removing the s was the first thing I tried​

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Thank you for updating us. Just in case anyone else runs in to the TLS error, try removing the "s" in HTTPS in the URL, that will usually get you around the browser security complaint.

GTM-P2G8KFN