cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

I'm trying to onboard a AP121 with HivOS 6.5R12. This does not work. I can see the AP got a IP address, I can Putty to it and I can go to the browser based page. I can't login using the default Password aerohive or Aerohive1. What could be wrong here

I'm trying to onboard a AP121 with HivOS 6.5R12. This does not work. I can see the AP got a IP address, I can Putty to it and I can go to the browser based page. I can't login using the default Password aerohive or Aerohive1. What could be wrong here

hwverwoerd
New Contributor
1 REPLY 1

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Likely the AP has some older settings since it isn't taking the default password. I would recommend resetting the AP to factory default settings so you can log in to the Web UI with one of the default passwords and manually connect it to the ECIQ. This guide reviews how to reset an AP: https://thehivecommunity.aerohive.com/s/article/How-to-reset-a-device-to-factory-default-settings

GTM-P2G8KFN