cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

I used admin/default password access the AP-230 but we don't get in. Other APs on the same network, the default password works. If we entered the incorrect password/username multiple times, are we frozen out for a time before we can login?

I used admin/default password access the AP-230 but we don't get in. Other APs on the same network, the default password works. If we entered the incorrect password/username multiple times, are we frozen out for a time before we can login?

cory_burns
New Contributor
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

The APs won't lock down after too many incorrect passwords. If you're using something like Putty the program might make you restart but the APs themselves won't lock you out. If the default passwords (Aerohive1 or aerohive) are not working, then you'll want to use the password found under device management in your admin settings within the HiveManager (For Classic this is under the Home tab, for HiveManager this is under Global Settings).

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

bruce_stahlin
Contributor III

admin/aerohive is the default. If the default is not changed when a policy is pushed, it will use the password in Device Management Settings.

cory_burns
New Contributor

We reset the AP as described above, but still couldn't login. We tried both default passwords. What is the default username? We tried admin and Admin and root.

Thank you.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Unfortunately we are going to have to reset the AP to force it back to one of the default passwords. You'll want to hold the reset button in for 10 seconds, or until you see the LED flash off and then back on again for you.

cory_burns
New Contributor

I've been using the device management password with username "admin" with no luck. Other APs on our network have been accessible through the web interface using the "admin" and our password. Do we need to reset the AP to factory defaults or use Putty instead of web interface.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

The APs won't lock down after too many incorrect passwords. If you're using something like Putty the program might make you restart but the APs themselves won't lock you out. If the default passwords (Aerohive1 or aerohive) are not working, then you'll want to use the password found under device management in your admin settings within the HiveManager (For Classic this is under the Home tab, for HiveManager this is under Global Settings).

GTM-P2G8KFN