cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I used admin/default password access the AP-230 but we don't get in. Other APs on the same network, the default password works. If we entered the incorrect password/username multiple times, are we frozen out for a time before we can login?

I used admin/default password access the AP-230 but we don't get in. Other APs on the same network, the default password works. If we entered the incorrect password/username multiple times, are we frozen out for a time before we can login?

cory_burns
New Contributor
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

The APs won't lock down after too many incorrect passwords. If you're using something like Putty the program might make you restart but the APs themselves won't lock you out. If the default passwords (Aerohive1 or aerohive) are not working, then you'll want to use the password found under device management in your admin settings within the HiveManager (For Classic this is under the Home tab, for HiveManager this is under Global Settings).

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Have you tried admin/Aerohive1 ? If neither of these default passwords work, and the password in Global Settings> Device Management doesn't work, and we've reset the AP to where we see the LED flash off and back on again, then you may need to open a technical support case to explore the possibility of an RMA.

AnonymousM
Valued Contributor II

I tried but the problem persists

bruce_stahlin
Contributor III
Try the default VHM password located in Global Settings.

AnonymousM
Valued Contributor II

Hi, I reset the AP but the default admin/aerohive don't work. 

GTM-P2G8KFN