cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to setup a Guest wireless access using CWP and after authentication the clients will be using the secondary ISP setup instead of the primary ISP.

I want to setup a Guest wireless access using CWP and after authentication the clients will be using the secondary ISP setup instead of the primary ISP.

johnespejo
New Contributor
7 REPLIES 7

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

You'll want to open the network policy> Open the SSID> Open the user profile object and assign a VLAN there. It can be any number, it's an arbitrary tag to assign to the packets on that SSID. Then make the switch port that the AP is connected to a trunk port to recognize whatever your Native VLAN is, and then the new VLAN that you create for this traffic. Is that what you were asking?

johnespejo
New Contributor

I guess what i was asking was on the Aerohive , Network PolicySSID User Profiles .. ??? and assign VLAN... ?? to match VLAN traffic on switches?? or ??

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

This is possible, but most of the configuration for this would be done outside of the Aerohive equipment. You would want to set up a new VLAN for the traffic going to the secondary ISP, and set up the switch to recognize that VLAN (trunk port). After that you'd need to build routes for that VLANs traffic to reach the router for your secondary ISP.

GTM-P2G8KFN