cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to use the ethernet port( eth1) on the AP 250 and AP 245X for a wired connection to my network. Can i configure the port? If yes how?

I want to use the ethernet port( eth1) on the AP 250 and AP 245X for a wired connection to my network. Can i configure the port? If yes how?

jengelhardt
New Contributor
3 REPLIES 3

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Thank you for confirming that for me. To do this in HiveManager you'll want to go to Configure> Open the Network Policy> Go to the Device Template tab within the Network Policy> Add a template for the AP model in question> Select the port(s) you want to configure> Assign> Create a new port type to configure the port how you would like to.

jengelhardt
New Contributor

I have Hivemanager (formally NG).

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

You'll want to create a device template for the AP and then in the device template you can configure the port similar to the way you'd configure a switch port. If you can tell me what HiveManager platform you are using I can give you more specific instructions on how to do this.

This guide will walk you through how to determine which HiveManager you are using, for reference: https://thehivecommunity.aerohive.com/s/article/Which-HiveManager-Platform-am-I-using

GTM-P2G8KFN