cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible convert from Aerohive NG to Aerohive Connect (free version) without loose configurations?

Is it possible convert from Aerohive NG to Aerohive Connect (free version) without loose configurations?

informatica1
New Contributor

When I have configured the HiveManager I selected 30-day trial but I do not have an Entitlement Key.

So, now I cannot change configurations.

12 REPLIES 12

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi Adnrew,

If you want to use the same email address to register for the Connect instance I would recommend following these steps:

Go to Monitor and remove all devices from your inventory. If you don't do this, you won't be able to add them to the Connect account when you're ready. This will set the devices back to factory default settings, so start this when you are ready to make the move (this should only take a few minutes) and when you can afford a few minutes of downtime on the wireless.

Click on the silhouette icon in the top right hand corner> Global Settings> Account management> Open your admin record. At the top of this page you'll see the email address you used to register, and you should be able to edit this field. You can change this email address to another working address or a non-sense address. If you go with a non-sense address that doesn't exist, just be aware you won't be able to follow the forgot password workflow if you need to get back in to this version for some reason, just something to keep in mind.

Now that the original email isn't associated with the original VHM, you can register for another HiveManager using the original email address, and this time choose connect. This guides walks you through how to register for Connect specifically: https://thehivecommunity.aerohive.com/s/article/Registering-for-HiveManager-Connect

Once you're in the Connect instance, build your configuration in Configure> network policies, and then add your devices to the device inventory on the Monitor tab, and you should be good to go.

Hope that helps!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Sam,

I have also made the same mistake, do I have to create a new HiveManager login with a different email address and them move the serial numbers between the 2 instances?

Regards,

Andrew.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Unfortunately there is no way to downgrade an existing Select instance in to a Connect instance, you would have to rebuild. If you need a temporary key to get you in to the old HiveManager long enough to revert to the Connect instance, please email me directly at communityhelp.aerohive.com with the number of devices you need the key to cover and we can help you out with that.

GTM-P2G8KFN