cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to authenticate a subset of clients without using the CWP and using the CWP on other clients within the same SSID?

Is it possible to authenticate a subset of clients without using the CWP and using the CWP on other clients within the same SSID?

andy_armstrong
New Contributor

Essentially im trying to do some IP/Mac filtering when a subset of my devices attempt to join the SSID I would like to be able to skip the CWP stage, yet enforce it for the rest of the users?

3 REPLIES 3

ashley_finch
Contributor III

Hi Andy,

Sorry for the lack of clarity, my post is referring to HiveManager NG (there are two licencing options - connect and select and the option is not available in the free version (connect)).

The post I think is a bit outdated and was the only option before the GUI option came in I believe.

andy_armstrong
New Contributor
Hey Ashley,

Thanks for your fast reply but no unfortunately I'm on Aerohive NG? I'm currently looking at - https://thehivecommunity.aerohive.com/s/question/0D50c00006YU10VCAT/we-are-using-cwp-on-a-guest-network-there-are-some-devices-apple-tv-treadmills-that-do-not-have-the-means-to-accept-policy-and-authenticate-i-need-the-straightforward-procedure-to-set-up-mac-authorization-for-these-devices but was wondering if this is the correct or is there a better way for NG?

Thanks.

ashley_finch
Contributor III

Presuming you're on HiveManager Select:

A CWP bypass within the user profile with an a MAC address assignment rule would work for this:

a08a30c35f9f4452957064f44fa4cfb2_0690c000008sM9xAAE.png

So you've got a user profile, enable/disable CWP bypass, then in the assignment rule you can add a list of MAC addresses that are allowed to skip.

Aside from users, it's a good way of getting IoT sort of devices onto the network when you've got a CWP in place also.

GTM-P2G8KFN