cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to throttle specific application on Aerohive access points? I'm interested in slowing down for example Apple Updates for every wifi client.

Is it possible to throttle specific application on Aerohive access points? I'm interested in slowing down for example Apple Updates for every wifi client.

marek_szymonsk1
New Contributor
4 REPLIES 4

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

You could also see this in a packet capture (remote sniffer to see the traffic on the AP, and a mirrored port packet capture to catch the switch side of things).

AnonymousM
Valued Contributor II

Hi, If you have enabled 'logging', you can look at the log entries through CLI by the command - 'show logging buffered'.

marek_szymonsk1
New Contributor

Thank you, I found it.

In reference to this, is there any report that shows application service and QoS Class that was used? I configured it like you recommended and now I want to verify if "Apple updates" are really in "Best Effort 2​".

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Yes, if you go to Configure> Open the Network Policy you are working with> Additional Settings tab> On the left hand side menu under QOS OPTIONS, choose Classifier Maps> Toggle this to on> Name the object> Click ADD under Services> Choose Application Services (second option down on the window that comes up)> Click on the blue text "Select from the following:"> In the filter field search for "APPLE UPDATE"> Check the box next to this service> Save> Choose a QoS Class to classify Apple updates as (I would recommend Best Effort 2 for a lower priority when there is contention on the network)> Leave the action as Permit and choose your logging preferences> Save> Save> Push this out to your APs in a configuration update.

GTM-P2G8KFN