cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the full API only available for the cloud-hosted Hive Manager?

Is the full API only available for the cloud-hosted Hive Manager?

dennis_tobias
New Contributor

I know in the documentation it says "This feature is not supported on the HiveManager Virtual Appliance. To learn how to leverage the Aerohive API to develop applications on the HiveManager platform, see the Aerohive developer portal." 

I have deployed an on-prem VM running 12.8.3.3-NGVAFEB19. I am able to use Postman and issue HTTP GET for identity information and I am able to issue HTTP POST to create identities but those identities never actually show up in the user database. Any time I attempt to access the configuration API I consistently receive a service unavailable error. 

I certainly hope that the full API is available and I'm doing something wrong because this feature alone will keep us from moving from Classic to NG. HMOL is not something we are looking at doing.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Unfortunately the feature is only for cloud based HiveManagers at this time, but that doesn't mean it won't be added to the on premises versions later on. I can submit a feature request for this if you'd like?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

dennis_tobias
New Contributor

Thank you.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Thanks for letting me know, I've submitted the feature request for you now. Please feel free to check in with me later on, either here or directly at communityhelp@aerohive.com, and I'll check on the progress for you.

dennis_tobias
New Contributor

Hi, Sam. Yes, this feature is very much a requirement as we have service desk workflows currently setup to make use of the API to access the online guest manager to create and delete accounts for employee BYOD. Without this added to the on-prem version I will be stuck using Classic with the online guest manager like I am today and then I'll be SOL when you guys decide to stop support classic and/or the online guest manager service.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Unfortunately the feature is only for cloud based HiveManagers at this time, but that doesn't mean it won't be added to the on premises versions later on. I can submit a feature request for this if you'd like?

GTM-P2G8KFN