cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Is there a way in Hive Manager NG to adjust power levels on multiple access points to try and clean up radio interference? This could be done in classic but does not appear to be available in NG?

Is there a way in Hive Manager NG to adjust power levels on multiple access points to try and clean up radio interference? This could be done in classic but does not appear to be available in NG?

rharris1
New Contributor
6 REPLIES 6

rharris1
New Contributor

Thank you for responding but that is not really an efficient way to handle what I am attempting to do. It is counter intuitive to have removed the ability to adjust power on AP's in bulk from the Monitor/ Manage page when you are trying to adjust interference in a high density deployment. I don't necessarily want to set the power levels on all AP's to the same level, but being able to do this on five to ten AP's at a time through a device template is not ideal at all.

This was available in classic and I used it frequently to fix this very problem. I cannot believe this feature is not available in ExtremeCloud IQ (NG).

I appreciate the advice and information and will look into trying this out. If there is a way to request a feature addition in a new version I would request this. As it seems the auto power adjustment I set in the radio profiles never seems to work.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

There is a way to do this in ExtremeCloud IQ (formerly HiveManager NG), but it requires device templates instead of editing the power on a device specific level on the Monitor/Manage page.

If you go to Configure> Network Policies> Open the Network Policy> Go to the Device Template tab> Create or open a template for your AP model> Go to Device Configuration within the device template, and then you can set the power for both wifi0 and wifi1.

After that, if you wanted to adjust the power level for all APs at once, you would just need to adjust the power settings in the device template and push a configuration update out to your devices.

GTM-P2G8KFN