cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to disable Bluetooth on the AP250 ?

Is there a way to disable Bluetooth on the AP250 ?

tobias_protz
New Contributor III

Since running a current (10-series) firmware on the APs I noticed that they are apparently all broadcasting a Bluetooth signal, advertising themselves as headsets of some kind ^^

However, we will have new audio devices in the house soon, but the sheer amount of APs makes it difficult to find the right Bluetooth device to pair with.

Is there a way to switch off the Bluetooth signal completely (iirc it is onl used for locator services, which we do not use at all).

3 REPLIES 3

tobias_protz
New Contributor III

Tried that command, thanks a lot. Unfortunately, it didn't do anything, my android mobile phone is still seeing a lot of "Helix BSA Bluetooth Device"s which appear as audio devices (headsets).

A scan with other tools confirmed that these are Aerohive devices, so it must be the AP250s since we do not have any other Aerohive items.

They do not show up on iPhones however, in fact they never did.

reinhardg
Contributor II

Please try this CLI command:

no interface ble0 ibeacon enable

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Thank you for your patience while I look in to this for you. We can disable the feature that use bluetooth but I haven't found a way to disable bluetooth outright. I'm still looking in to this for you, but I wanted to let you know what I've found so far.

GTM-P2G8KFN