cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to Ping and get SNMP traffic to the MGT IP on the XR-200 router in HiveManager (NG)?

Is there a way to Ping and get SNMP traffic to the MGT IP on the XR-200 router in HiveManager (NG)?

lee_harper
New Contributor II

I was able to do so in Classic with BR-200 routers. I can ping the external IP of the router, but can't, and don't want to, open it to SNMP.

4 REPLIES 4

lee_harper
New Contributor II

Case number 00282288. Thank you.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

I think for clarity, it would be best if we could open a support ticket for this issue. If you can let me know the case number you're given, I can update the case with what we've discussed so far.

lee_harper
New Contributor II

First, since I just realized I didn't put it in the original question, is these are remote sites connecting back to us through VPN. They are connecting to an Aerohive VGVA virtual appliance. It is a separate appliance for Classic and HiveManager NG, but they are configured as close to identical as I can get.

I can ping the external IP, but not the management IP on the router. I can ping the management interface on the WAPs connected to the router. We have converted several of the XR-200 routers to use with HiveManager Classic, and they do not have the problem. We don't have any other router models in HiveManager NG, so I can't say for sure if it is specific to the XR-200, or if it is any router in HiveManager NG.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

You should be able to ping the management network from your XR as long as ICMP hasn't been disabled. As for SNMP, have you set up SNMP in your deployment? And can we confirm that there is a route between the XR and the management newtork? You should be able to set up SNMP with the internal address of the router.

GTM-P2G8KFN