cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to set the NTP version that an AP is using?

Is there a way to set the NTP version that an AP is using?

jgiardino
New Contributor II

We have some AP245x's that are unable to connect with our NTP server because they are sending requests for NTP version 4 but our NTP server is running version 3. All of our other AP's are NTP version 3 by default, only having an issue with the 245x model.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jgiardino
New Contributor II

No worries, I have a case open for this so a tech is working on it. I was just curious if anyone else was having this same issue or knew of a quick fix.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

jgiardino
New Contributor II

No worries, I have a case open for this so a tech is working on it. I was just curious if anyone else was having this same issue or knew of a quick fix.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi, I'm sorry for the slow response, I am still looking in to this for you and I will update you as soon as I know more.

jgiardino
New Contributor II

I have an AP that is sending a request to our NTP server for version 4, as a client. Our server is responding with NTP version 3 but the AP does not accept this. Instead it continues to request version 4.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello, I'm sorry for the slow answer here, I was trying to confirm the answer for you. Our devices can use any version of NTP, but we prefer SNTP. The APs will pull the version from the server that we send them to when we tell them what NTP server to use.

GTM-P2G8KFN