cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to set up VLAN routing on the 2348P? My VLANS are currently being routed on my firewall but for some projects coming up I need this to happen on my switches.

Is there a way to set up VLAN routing on the 2348P? My VLANS are currently being routed on my firewall but for some projects coming up I need this to happen on my switches.

nsimons
New Contributor
4 REPLIES 4

nsimons
New Contributor

Here is what I got from my support case. Does anyone know what best practice would be able to test this out to make sure I've got stuff set up correctly?

"To setup the switch to pass VLAN tagged traffic, we just need to trunk the switch ports. As long as the port connecting the switch to the AP and the switch to the firewall both have the vlan allowed, traffic will pass.

The port can be configured under the switch settings > configure > port configuration > Port details."

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

You are correct, sorry about that. I will have to lab this out and let you know what I find. My apologies, thanks for your patience.

nsimons
New Contributor

The specs for the switch say L3 static routing though.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Unfortunately we can't put our switches in to routing mode in HiveManager, they are only able to operate as layer 2 switches.

GTM-P2G8KFN